Join Bridgeford Trust Company for our very first livestream event – Preserving Privacy and Asset Protection in a Transparent World – on Tuesday, December 6 at 1:00pm EST.
In the face of mandatory transparency and disclosure regimes, families from around the globe continue to seek out the best trust situs for privacy, asset protection, and favorable tax treatment. Ever increasingly, domestic and international families – and their advisors – look to top-tier U.S. trust jurisdictions because of the power and sophistication of U.S. modern trust laws and the ability to maintain direction and control over important aspects of trust administration and decision making.
Register for this free livestream by clicking here.
During this presentation, David Warren, Co-Founder and Chairman of Bridgeford Trust Company, will discuss a variety of timely topics related to privacy and asset protection in a transparent world – two concepts that still exist in light of the recently imposed regulations internationally, and soon to be domestically. This session will provide advisors working with clients and family offices with the tools they need to understand developments regarding modern trust law and powerful planning opportunities available. David will specifically discuss:
- Information disclosure requirements, both domestically and internationally, with a discussion around the Corporate Transparency Act, FATCA, and CRS.
- The U.S. emergence as a privacy, asset protection, and tax haven for domestic and international families.
- The Pandora Papers and other massive international data breaches and their impact on government regulation as well as calls for greater urgency around transparency in the financial services industry.
- Modern trust law planning tools available to families and their advisors, including Directed Trusts, Trust Protector, Family Advisor, and Decanting.
- Whether advisors have a fiduciary duty to select proper trust situs in the planning process.
- A comparison of “top-tier” U.S. trust jurisdictions and the vital importance of selecting the proper trust jurisdiction under current statutory guidance and emerging case law.
In addition to the presentation, there will be ample time to submit questions for David to answer live after the presentation.