Bridgeford Trust Company is participating in an upcoming webinar – International Private Client Issues for Non-U.S. Residents: Serving High-Net-Worth Foreign Individuals and Families – scheduled for Wednesday, October 5, 2022, from 1:00-2:50pm EDT.
This course features an experienced panel including David Warren, Co-Founder/Chairman of Bridgeford Trust Company and Patrick McCormick, Founder/Managing Partner of McCormick Tax. During the webinar, David and Patrick will provide advisors with a practical guide to the planning opportunities and potential tax pitfalls in providing private client services (PCS) for high-net-worth nonresident clients with U.S. tax presence.
Advisors to high-net-worth individuals are increasingly tasked with creating integrated solutions for their clients in all aspects of their lives. For non-U.S. based individuals, it is critical to have a U.S. advisor to coordinate cross-border issues involving U.S.-sitused businesses, investments, and trusts. As the U.S. continues to be seen as a tax, privacy, and asset protection “haven” for high-net-worth foreign individuals, this creates an opportunity for advisors to provide critical wealth and trust planning as an element of a multi-discipline PCS practice.
During the webinar, David and Patrick will review these and other important issues:
- Critical considerations in wealth preservation before a foreign individual becomes a U.S. resident for tax purposes.
- Avoiding anti-deferral rules in pre-immigration transactions.
- Determining whether a drop-off trust should be structured as a domestic or foreign trust under the rules of Section 7701.
- Helping non-U.S. taxpayers identify the optimal framework and structure for a family office to handle U.S.-sitused assets.
- Comparing top-tier U.S. jurisdictions with regard to tax, asset protection, and privacy planning.
The webinar program is produced by Strafford, a leading education company providing premium CLE and CPE courses designed for planning professionals in over 40 legal, accounting, and tax practice areas.
To learn more about this webinar, please click here. If you are interested in attending, please reach out to Melissa Roberson, Global Marketing and Digital Media Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about limited passes we have available for friends of Bridgeford.